You should see a doctor if you experience a toothache to find out the cause and can be treated appropriately. For that, you need to visit Dentists near Miranda. We can give you the best dental care you can get. But as long as you haven’t been able to see a doctor, there are several ways you can do at home to relieve a toothache, including:
– Cleanse between your teeth by using dental floss or dental floss to clean plaque and food debris that is stuck between the teeth.
– Gargle using warm water.
– Apply clove oil to diseased teeth or gums.
– Applying antiseptic drugs containing benzocaine to diseased teeth or gums.
– Compress the cheek with a cold compress when a toothache is caused by trauma to the teeth.
– Take pain relievers that are sold freely at pharmacies (eg ibuprofen, paracetamol, or aspirin). As a warning, these drugs should not be used by placing them directly on the gums because they can damage gum tissue. In addition, aspirin should not be given to children under 16 years of age.
In the case of the following, you are required to immediately see a doctor, if:
Pain lasts for more than two days.
A toothache is accompanied by symptoms of infection (such as issuing a foul odor, swelling, red gums, and pain when chewing).
A toothache makes you difficult to swallow.
A toothache makes it difficult for you to breathe.
A toothache accompanied by fever.
You are in pain when opening your mouth.
A toothache accompanied by ear pain.
Physical examination is very important. In this case, the doctor will examine the condition of your teeth, gums, tongue, jaw, sinuses, nose, throat, even your neck. If it is needed, an X-ray examination will be carried out. In addition to asking about symptoms, the doctor will usually review your medical history.