A healthy diet by adding olive oil or organic evoo intake can increase levels of antioxidants in the body. This can then have a good impact on cancer prevention. But more research is needed to explore the benefits of olive oil on cancer prevention. In addition, olive oil apparently does not gain weight and can prevent obesity. The high content of antioxidants in olive oil can help the processing of fat in the body that can have a good impact on maintaining weight.
In addition to the conditions mentioned above, further research is needed to determine the benefits of olive oil in handling conditions such as:
Note the use of olive oil for diabetics, pregnant and lactating mothers, and who want to undergo surgery. Should avoid the consumption of olive oil under these conditions.
Olive oil is grouped according to the extraction process and its acidity.
– The best type of olive oil is extra virgin olive oil. This type is extracted directly from olives. The process of extract only through the juice. So extra virgin obtained from the first juice of olives. The extra virgin acidity level is only 1 percent.
– Then there is the virgin olive oil type. This type is also obtained from the first juice of olives and has a 3 percent acid content.
– Next, there is a fino type. This type is obtained from a mixture of extra virgin and virgin.
– There is also olive oil obtained from a combination of virgin olive oil that has been processed and extra virgin. This type is called puree.
– The last type is light. This type has gone through a filter process which results in the color of olive oil.
To ensure the quality of olive oil, you can try it by swallowing a few tablespoons of olive oil. High-quality olive oil will give a slightly spicy taste after taste. Olive oil (except extra virgin) can be used for sauteing or roasting. Better to use olive oil directly on food like adding it to vegetables should make a salad. Polyphenol content in olive oil can be damaged if heated to a temperature that is too high.